South Dakota Bankruptcy Aid can connect you with lawyers who can give you debt relief
Although the law allows individuals to file for bankruptcy without an attorney, the task can be quite complex and mistakes can be costly. Having an experienced attorney handle your bankruptcy involves more than just hiring someone to do the paperwork. Even before the decision to file occurs, there is a considerable amount of consultation and guidance that a seasoned professional will provide. Eliminating debt and protecting one's assets through bankruptcy can be done, but improper actions in a complicated legal procedure can risk dismissal or cost you assets that otherwise could have been retained. A lawyer is well worth the money to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive maximum benefits from whichever Chapter you file for.
Reasons to hire a bankruptcy attorney
- An attorney can fill out the extensive paperwork required correctly and file it on time, so you don't have to. Bankruptcy proceedings involve the completion of precise petitions and forms. These must be filled out correctly and filed within defined schedules. Mistakes can mean assets lost, dismissal of the case, or even raising the likelihood of creditors challenging the bankruptcy.
- Should the creditors challenge the petition or any suggested repayment plan, then this can mean litigation and/or negotiation for the case to proceed. The creditors will have attorneys representing them and you should have a skilled lawyer representing you as well.
- An incorrect or poor decision can often be made simply from a lack of previous data or familiarity with the bankruptcy process itself. This is when a seasoned legal professional can be of vast assistance in making the right choice or taking the correct action.
- You have rights and protections. Going up against creditors and tackling your debts through a bankruptcy can be emotionally draining. A lawyer is there to ensure you are protected to the greatest extent of the law and to deal with creditors directly on your behalf.
Questions to ask a bankruptcy attorney
- Is bankruptcy the right solution for my financial situation? Our lawyers will discuss your options with you. If there is another solution that will better meet your needs, we will tell you.
- How can I benefit from filing bankruptcy? Our attorneys are able to explain the benefits of bankruptcy in simple, everyday terms. We will also be able to tell you about the implications of different types of bankruptcy, such as Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
- Does it matter where in South Dakota I live in relation to your physical office? We are able to file your bankruptcy without you visiting our office. The entire process can be done over the phone or video chat. You will not have to leave the comfort of your home. This allows us to represent clients throughout South Dakota.
Tailored legal advice
The team at Ribstein & Hogan Law Firm has been providing bankruptcy services for over 25 years and can guide you through the process. For your convenience, we are here to answer your questions and handle your case filing virtually – you will not have to leave the comfort of your home. To find out more and receive a free, no-obligation case evaluation with one of our experienced bankruptcy lawyers call (605) 692-1818 or fill out our contact form below.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.